Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fire!

Wow! Never a dull moment at our house it seems these days. Wednesday evening a knock came on the door as Sterling was preparing to leave for meetings that the hay stack was on fire. Needles to say it was. Sterling called the fire department and they came and watched it burn. There was 3 squeezes of hay witch was our year supply for the animals here.
This is the pile burning and the fire trucks head lights in the back ground. I didn't think to take pics when it was light out sorry.

After about 3 hours of watching it burn Sterling was in patient and did n't want to wait another 6 hours for it to burn out, so him, Buck, James, Bill, and Bob all helped spread it out while Hoke went and got the water truck and doused it in water . In about 1/2 hour the fire was out. I am so thankful that it was just hay and not our home or animals or anybody else s. The wind was blowing pretty good and amazingly no embers blew any where. This is Buck on the tractor pulling the hay out and I think the tires might be a little melted. Oh well thank heavens for good family and friends for helping. Thanks for the blessings that we have had in this last couple of months. The animals are being moved out to the Ranch, so that will be a bummer not having Cordell, and the gang here.

9 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Oh my goodness! Crazy! I am so glad that the fire didn't spread anywhere!

Bummer that Cordell won't be there anymore!

Bev said...

You guys!! So thankful things weren't worse than they were. You've had the worse luck...they say bad luck come in 3's, so you've had your share now things should just get better and better!!

Bobby and Shanna said...

Oh my goodness...can anything else happen?? Just glad that it was contained to just the hay...I think you all better lay low for awhile..

The Burtch's said...

I think you guys need a vacation! Holy crap:)

Lepak's said...

OH MY GOSH! You should have called me I totally could have driven the tractor for you to help put out the fire. I still am sitting with my mouth wide open in complete aaawwww that this happened. Thank goodness it was only the HAY

Wisconsin Lepaks said...

Material things can always be replaced. Lives cannot. Thank heaven no one was injured.

Ron and Paula said...

When it rains it pours on your family! You guys have had a rough couple months, just don't send any of it our way. :)

Marcie and Holly said...

I can't believe it! I had no idea. I'm glad everyone was ok.

Marilyn said...

I found your blog and my word can anything else happen to you guys? Are you and Sterling all healed from the accident? It was nice to find you and we should get together sometime!!