Thursday, April 9, 2009

Accidents!

Well we are having enough accidents at our house. Tuesday Sterling was riding one of his mules and it in a gallop and went down head first and Sterling went with. He put his hands out to catch him but with all the force( and with a 1200 pound mule rolling on you also ) He came out with 2 broken elbows. So her he is he can't feed himself, scratch his nose head or anything, can't hold the phone to his ear,but he can laugh. We both just look at each other and laugh. 2 cripples taking care of each other.
The injured. I hope that we are all done with these darn breaks.
Grandpa with 2 of his boys. Butch and Rocky. Everyone has been very helpful and we appreciate everything escp. Joleen and James , Buck and Meagan. Calli and Heather, and Gina for all the meals and help, running to the store and just being SLAVES. Thank you and we love you!

13 comments:

Jill Dees said...

Oh my goodness! When it rains it really pours. If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious. I am so sorry for both of you.

Bev said...

What a bunch you are! Can't even imagine what life is like around you house. I'd love to be a "bug on the wall"! HEAL!! Both of you!

Ron and Paula said...

You two better stay off animals until you can learn to ride!!!! That is just too funny, except I'm sure it hurts so we won't laugh too hard! Ron wants to know when it's his turn to come and take care of Grandpa Leavitt! Call if you need something or if Sterling needs an enema!

kaypalmer4 said...

Hey Sterling, I really feel bad about your elbows,I guess you'll be out of commission for a while. I would be happy to take your ELK TAG and kill a BIG BULL for you. Have Buck call me so we can make plans.Hope you have a quick recovery after the hunt is over.
James Holyoak

Camille said...

Holy crap, you guys!!! I shouldn't be laughing, because it's not at all funny, but it sort of is. : ) I'm really sorry though! I hope your recovery is as quick as possible. How are you going to get around? Will Calli drive everywhere?

The Curry Family said...

Oh my gosh!!! Crazy and ouch!! Let me know what I can do to help. I'm more than willing to be a slave :)

Lepak's said...

Oh my gosh I can come over and all 3 of us can be crippled together that sounds like fun... I am sorry to hear about all of this... Please let me know if I can do anything for you I would love to help please take care of each other and heal fast....

cindy said...

You so should have let Ron write this post...His telling of the story plus the added bonus of how sterling will be able to accomplish small tasks in the bathroom left us all just rolling on the floor! I hope all mends well though you guys have had your share.

Stacey said...

Whoa Nelly! You're kidding right??? This is some crazy joke... I'll have to see this for myself next week when I go out there to see Richard. Later!
Stacey Gurr Dodds

Jill Dees said...

I guess you guys got all of the rain. It quit raining in the morning and was beautiful all day long

Marcie and Holly said...

You guys are CRAZY! Two crippled people hanging out together...you guys are going to have some fun! Hope you guys start to feel better!

Wisconsin Lepaks said...

My heart goes out to you two. I will say some prayers for speedy recoveries.
Phyllis

Meagan Leavitt said...

I need a slave! Maybe I need to get bucked off next. I guess I better wait until you guys get better to do that. We don't need anymore gimps in the family.