Friday, May 16, 2008

Elder Leavitt got his first Baptism on May 3rd. His name is Ishmael he is 10 yrs. old comes from a part member family and his sister is taking the lessons also. In the scriptures it says "An if it so be that you should labor all your days and bring ONE SOUL unto me unto the kingdom of my Father, How GREAT will be your joy. And now if you should be great with ONE SOUL you have brought unto me, how great shall be your joy if you should bring MANY souls unto me. We are so full of Joy just as Elder Leavitt is. Keep up the good work Elder. He just Emailed me and said he got transferred out of West St. Paul, to a Branch out in the sticks. He will love it right up Elder Leavitts alley. The whole Mission got to go to a Twins game and look who Elder Leavitt found. Yes, that is Elder Gurr his best friend. He said it was so much fun to just sit and talk the whole game.

6 comments:

Bobby and Shanna said...

Cogratulations Elder Leavitt.. good job... how neat that he could see Elder Gurr...how exciting..

Laura Blue said...

so awesome that he got his first baptism. and how neat that must have been to hook up with elder gurr. fun times!

Coplen's said...

I am so happy for Elder Leavitt! He is such a wonderful person! I miss and love him!

Marcie and Holly said...

that's great! I love the pics. i think elders get really bored sometimes!

The Curry Family said...

Way to go Elder Leavitt! That's awesome! I know there will be many more.

KOCHERHANS said...

Sheleen - where have you been? Are we still in the same ward? I haven't seen you forever - it stinks. I see what people mean about getting "stuck" in primary - I never see anyone anymore. Yay for Elder Leavitt! That is so exciting. And love the 'typical' missionary muscle picture. I can't tell you how many of those I got when Ben was gone - loved them then, now I just gag when I look back at them. Tell Calli to enjoy - oops - I didn't just say that! I need to come by and give you that $ still. Just call me "AB" if you know what I mean - I didn't just say that either.
love ya Sheleen!