Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This is an Water Buck and is the last animal for Sterling to shoot.
This is a Dieker. I shot this animal. It is another little one and very hard to shoot at. Sterling had hunted for 3 days and didn't get one but, I took care of it for him. It was an awesome experience and when we go back I am shooting more. It's not my first animal to kill or hunt so it was a piece of cake.Oh and when I got back to the lodge they told me that it is a MONSTER Dieker. It is so big. well i think they were just humoring me but I guess it's really not to bad of a dieker.
We had to pay at some places for toilet paper.
Africa Sport Hunting Safaris the outfit that we were with does a lot of giving back to the community and they ask that if you want to you can donate money to be used to help the town school. We are in the town of Tolve. The school has 1st through 8th grades. Most kids don"t go any farther than the 8th grade if they go to high school the have to live there at the school which is about 11/2 hours from this one and cost about 1200 dollars(American) . So not very many have this money. So Kylie Matthews owner of A.S.H.S. is trying to set up scholarship funds and help this school. So we donated some money and she bought Track Suits for the whole School. It is winter there and most do not even have jackets so here are some pics of us handing out the suits. It was a very humbling experience .
Aren't they cute. Well that is all I am posting about today We spent three days in Kruger Park and will update about that later. Loved every minute there and missed my family back home. I truly can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

Caryn said...

Those are the most amazing pictures! So cool. Glad you made it back!

KOCHERHANS said...

What an AWESOME experience. I hope you get to go back again sometime. Buying toilet paper??? Are you kidding me??? What if you get in there and realize you don't have enough? bummer. The pictures are amazing. The animals are huge. I bet Sterling was in heaven. I didn't know that you were actually hunting too.....you're awesome. Glad you had fun and made it back safely.